In 2017, Chaplaincy and Faith-Based Services concentrated on three specific areas to expand the ways we serve those in our care.
- The GEO Group Foundation supported the Prison Fellowship’s Angel Tree Sports Camp, which had more than 300 children and 100 volunteer attendees.
- A partnership between Graceville Correctional Facility and the First Baptist Church of Dothan Alabama provided more than 200 offenders with an opportunity to worship with Reverend Will Graham.
- Improved programming by emphasizing values-based instruction and life skills training
- Enhanced curricula to strengthen life skills
- The CoC Faith-Based program at Graceville Correctional Facility was audited and certified by the Florida Department of Corrections
NATIONAL FAITH-BASED ORGANIZATIONS
- Global Leadership Summit
- The Willow Creek Association and Bill Hybels assembles dynamic leaders and speakers to share ideas on the means and methods of good leadership and how to lead others
- Our relationships with Willow Creek Association in Chicago, Prison Fellowship in Virginia, Trinity Broadcasting Network in Florida, and GloryStar Satellite Company in California, made it possible for more than 1,000 offenders to participate in the Summit “live” with interactive workbooks during the event
God Behind Bars (GBB)
- A national ministry organization in four of our facilities offers a weekly worship experience attended by approximately 220 offenders
- GBB also sponsored the “All is Bright” Christmas event to unite offenders and their children for a full day at Arizona State Prison-Kingman
- Activities included building gingerbread houses, storytelling, reading to the children, gift giving, and sharing a meal